Focus and Scope
Jurnal Rekayasa Infrastruktur aims to advance the development of sustainable infrastructure, as well as the dissemination of conceptual ideas and the implementation of countermeasures, particularly in the tropics, which is vulnerable to disasters. Specifically, we look to publish work with the potential to make real-world contributions to improving both local communities and countries' readiness for and responsiveness to natural disasters. This includes original research, technical notes, policy articles, and editorials from the following areas of civil engineering.
- Structural Engineering,
- Geotechnical Engineering,
- Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Transportation Engineering, and
- Construction Management
Jurnal Rekayasa Infrastruktur publishes peer-reviewed articles on all aspects encompasses two broad areas of disaster in tropical region :
- Disaster caused by natural hazards such as geo-disaster (earthquake, landslide, volcanic eruption), water-related disaster (flood, debris flow, coastal disaster, tsunami).
- Disaster caused by human-made hazards such as soil, water, air pollution (solid waste, wastewater problems) and water scarcity.
Articles describing the topics of disaster risk reduction techniques, disaster early warning system, climate change adaptation, vulnerability analysis and trends, pre and/or post-disaster reconstruction and rehabilitation planning and management, forensic engineering, the socio-engineering approach for the countermeasures, or water reuse and recycle are particularly encouraged.